No. 18, Pidariyar Koil Lane,
E-mail : email@example.com
HIS EMINENCE OSWALD CARDINAL GRACIAS,
Catholic Bishops Conference of India.
No.1, Ashok Place,
Near Gole Dakkhana,
New Delhi-110 001
May it please Your Eminence,
Sub: Requesting Your Eminence to raise the voice against the gay culture in India.
1. I introduce myself as a practicing Advocate in the High Court of Judicature at Madras and I have a legal standing of about 25 years in the Bar.
2. On July 4, 2011 Indian Health Minister Hon’ble Mr. Ghulam Nabi Azad, has derided “homosexuality as an unnatural “Disease” from the West, unfortunately this disease has come to our country too…. where a man has sex with another man, which is completely unnatural and should not happen but does”. The minister said this during a conference held at New Delhi on HIV/AIDS, wherein Hon’ble Prime Minister of India Dr. Manmohan Singh, Congress Party President Mrs. Sonia Gandhi and some of the Government Ministers were also present at the conference.
3. In the conservative India the gay people are very microscopic. But, on the next day, July 5, 2011 the gay activists strongly condemned and demanded that the minister “should publicly apologize”, and in Chennai one NGO-LGBT rainbow coalition staged a protest, demanding a apology from the minister. It is unfortunate that the protesting people are not gays, then what do they want? For what purpose? The NGO run by whose money? But they want publicity under the name and the banner a NGO.
4. On July 26, 2011 India’s first married lesbian couple has been given police protection and moved to a safe house amid fears that the two women were married by a court in Haryana. This situation now is imported from perverted Western disease. Under Section 377 of IPC it is an offence. How the Court could grant such permission?
5. Jesus answered “Have you not read that the creator from the beginning made them “male and female” and that He said: This is why a man must leave father and mother, and cling to his wife, and the two become one body” (Mt.19:4) Pope Benedict XIV in an audience with social workers in Fatima (Portugal) on May 12, 2011 urged them to apply the wisdom of the Church’s teachings to their causes. Further He said “I express my deep appreciation for all those social and pastoral initiatives aimed at combating the Socio-economic and cultural mechanisms which lead to abortion and are openly concerned to defend life and to promote the reconciliation and healing of those harmed by the tragedy of abortion. Initiatives aimed at protecting the essential and primary values of life, beginning at conception, and of the family based on the indissoluble marriage between a man and a woman, help to respond to some of today’s most insidious and dangerous threats to the common good. Such initiatives represent, alongside numerous other forms of commitment and essential elements in the building of the civilization of love”.
6. “Mexican Cardinal Juan Sandoval Iniguez said: “allowing same sex marriage and adoption by homosexual couples are contrary to the natural order and to democracy. The legislature cannot legislate either against the natural law or against the will of God. If it is allowed, it will seriously damage the life of the civilized society and the institution of marriage. The natural law which we all have imprinted in our hearts is inscribed in nature”.
7. Two persons of the opposite sex living together and to bear children is marriage. It is natural. Two opposite living cells are joined in a womb and form a new being, whether it is human person or animal kingdom or botanical world. Civil union is a friendship, but same sex persons living together is not a family, any time they may be separated and go alone. It is like a partnership firm, it an understanding until they leave at their will.
8. But the natural family there is a father, a mother and children. Here they may be separated, but the children can’t call somebody else as father or mother. People should go with the nature, to go with the human behavior, to go with civilized society, even in the animal kingdom they never go against the nature. The people must allow the world to go as it is.
9. Thousands of children in the world do not have both a father and a mother. However, the greatest assistance children can be given is precisely that of a family founded upon the marriage between a man and a woman. Thousands of children are not able to enjoy this right and to deny them of it through the law is an aberration, it is foolishness.
10. Children have a right to be born and have a right to a mother and a father. Homosexual union provides neither life nor a father/mother relationship, and should never be allowed to raise children. Children need consistent appropriate boundaries and secure expressions of emotional intimacy that are not sexualized in the home and community.
11. Homosexuality is a private affair. Legalizing gay marriage would leave “society destroyed” because the family is the basic cell of human society.
12. The West has been pushing for the approval of abnormal deviant sexual practices as alternative lifestyle. The Western World, allows civil unions, providing state–level spousal right to same sex couples. Homosexuality is a sexual perversion and in no way natural. The psychological community had once recognized homosexuality as a psychiatric disorder and it was documented as such in the official U.S. psychology handbook. It’s scary that degenerating values in our society can cause a reclassification of something shameful into something to be proud of.
13. Italian Archbishop Angelo Bagnasco, who has received death threats in April 2011, over his public opposition to same-sex marriage. Over the weekend, the Archbishop received a live bullet in the mail along with photo of himself with a swastika cut into the photo paper. Pope Benedict XVI expressed solidarity with the archbishop in his call and charged him “to continue working for human and religious rights without which it was impossible to build a free and stable democracy”.
14. New York’s Archbishop Timothy Dolan who worries that legalizing same-sex marriage will lead to accepting polygamy in the future. After marriage was redefined to include same-sex couples in New York, there could be pressure for further redefinition that accepts multiple partners and infidelity. Lastly, the Archbishop wrote that faithful Catholics remain ready to face even the fate of St. Thomas More who was executed by King Henry VIII for defending the truth about marriage. Further he added that we are willing to take the heat and even lose our head from following a conscience properly formed by God’s revelation.
15. The Catholic Church finally believes that human life, even when weak or suffering is a splendid gift from God. And the pessimism and selfishness blinds the world.
16. Everybody talking about global warming and to preserve natural resources to enhance our life securely as well as satisfactorily in future. But, in the human society, somebody goes against nature and compels everybody to follow that way. It is shame on the legislature who was responsible to enact the same-sex marriage law against natural order.
17. A microscopic community is boldly raising voice against the Hon’ble Health minister to achieve their illegal, unnatural end. It is very unfortunate that no religious body, no association, no institution, no political leader or no religious leader raising the voice in support of the Hon’ble Health Minister Mr. Ghulam Nabi Azad.
18. Hence ,I earnestly request Your Eminence to raise the voice against the gay culture from the diocese level, pious associations level, parishes level and village level communities, and thus uphold the natural family from all evils, from some the forces systematically denigrating the natural order and family.
Thanking Your Eminence and praying for Your Eminence’s apostolic blessings, I remain.
Yours obediently in Our Lord Jesus Christ
1. HON’BLE MR.GHULAM NABI AZAD,
Minister of Health & Family Welfare,
Room No. 150-A, Nirman Bhavan,,
New Delhi-110 003.
2. DR.PRAVEEN TOGADIA,
Vishwa Hindu Parishad.
Sankat Mochan Hanuman Mandir Asharam
R.K.Puram Sector -6
3. MR.SYED YAHYA BUKHARI,
Jama Masjid United Forum
Jama Masjid Complex,
4. HIS GRACE MOST REV.FERNANDO FILONI,
Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples,
Palazzo di Propaganda Fide,
Piazza di Spagn, 48
5. MOST REV DR.SALVATORE PENNACCHIO,
Apostolic Nuncio to India
50-c, Niti Marg
New Delhi-110 021
6. MOST REV.DR.ALBERT D’ SOUZA
Secretary General, C.B.C.I.,
Archbishop of Agra
7. MOST REV.DR.A.M.CHINNAPPA,
Tamilnadu Catholic Bishop’s Conference
Archbishop of Madras -Mylapore
Santhome High Road,